Re: [lro] Whining gearbox

From: William J. Rice (jarvis64@juno.com)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 01:56:24 EST

    Bill,
    I've run 'em w/o the floor in place before, and nothing sounded like
    this. I did put oil in :-) Actually, my assistant did that--I'll check
    it . . . I've not changed any gears, so I doubt it's a bedding problem,
    although, AJR suggested it could be that running it w/o load perhaps
    hasn't made something work just right. Perhaps bolting everything up and
    putting the floor in and driving it is the answer. There are no "scary"
    sounds--no clicks or ticks. Just the whine. I might listen to it as you
    suggest, but I'm really, really sick of tranny work right now and am
    leaning strongly toward finishing the job and seeing what happens . . .
    what do you think?

    thanks,
    bill