[lro] Rochester

From: John M. Baker (jmbaker@bkk2.loxinfo.co.th)
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 05:13:56 EST

    John,

    Thanks for your suggstions on the Rochester. I did buy a local paper filter
    here but it was noisier than I liked so I went back to the oil bath. I did
    make the cutout for the vacuum port in the base so I don't think that it the
    cause of the lower than normal gas mileage. I would love to improve it. The
    motor is otherwise in very good shape, spot on compression and no oil loss. I
    have heard that a 49 is right for sea level and it currently has a 51
    installed, now much of a difference might that make?

    John
    Bangkok
    1975 SIII 109 2.25 Petrol