Re: Re: [lro] Ahhh... Finally!

From: Stirling Anderson (suntzu_2002@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 16:54:05 EST

    --- Paul Archibald wrote:
    > We wondered if it had really been in africa, say on
    > a University of California sponsored trip or
    > something. but my best guess it it was used for a
    > movie....filmed in so california....
    I don't care either way... :) She's still the coolest
    car I've ever owned.

    > If someone could determine what movie it was in,
    > with photos, I'll gove a six-pack of guiness!(I
    > think Stirling would match it too!) so guys start
    > watching old safari movies, and let us know! ;-)
    You bet, I'll match that. The stenciled spraypaint
    "E"s have me wondering. No idea what those are
    supposed to mean.

    > and Stirling, if you ever change teh name you will
    > be reward with a disgruntled landy! ;-)
    I won't be changing her name. No worries there.

    > but if kept the sa,e she should happily continue as
    > always starting on first turn of the hand crank or
    > key! (more than I can say for Elgie with the
    > mercruiser lump if ignored for a while...
    > Possibly also from removing the top if you are not
    > carefull in storing it so the inside stays
    > clean(wrap it all up in a tarp and all will be fine.
    > I once did not, and paid teh consequences on another
    > rover)
    >
    > Paul
    She still fires up on the first crank... as long as
    you open the hood and use the choke when it's cold.
    Haven't gotten a new choke cable yet. I can't wait
    till it's warm enough to take that hard top off. I'd
    love to build a roll cage that'll allow me to run a
    soft top or hard top. I think I need to get a job
    first though. hehe Cheers, Stirling.
    http://taxes.yahoo.com/