Re: [lro] Re: LROSW Hood Mount

From: Gbrovers@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 00:39:55 EST

    In a message dated 2/27/03 8:29:00 AM, Lemurstew@aol.com writes:

    > There were plenty of deluxe station wagons supplied with a tire mount on
    > the hood that were not dished. >>
    >
    > All Station Wagons (and 109s) were fitted with deluxe hoods. Those
    > with
    > tire mounts were dished. Standard hoods with tire mounts were fitted to
    > some deluxe hardtops . . .but that is not a station wagon.
    >
    > Ike
         I own two Deluxe station wagons that originally came with tire mounts on
    the hoods and they were not dished. These were the rolled hoods not the
    utility style hoods. They were the original hoods and these rigs were deluxe
    station wagons and not deluxe hard tops. They are both early Series 2's (59
    and 60). In the early days you could order about any combination of options
    you wanted to. Later Rover started standardizing option packages and
    restricting options in the North American market for some reason.

    Bill
    GBR
    P.S. I have since converted the 60 over to a dished hood