Re: [lro] Re: LROSW Hood Mount

From: ynotink (ynotink@qwest.net)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 22:43:26 EST

    I beg to differ, my 63 88" had a standard bonnet, fixed side windows and the
    elephant hide rear bench seats, no particularly deluxe parts or fittings, not
    even a passenger door. However, it did have a station wagon plate.

    When I purchased it everything appeared to be original equipment and I don't
    think the previous owners would have given much of a damn about whether or not
    it carried one more useless piece of trim.

    My opinion is that these plates were attached to vehicles in a kind of random
    order without much regard to any other specification. Maybe they were attached
    to vehicles which were bound for someplace where there was some advantage such
    as taxation or sales appeal to buying a station wagon over a utility or panel
    truck.

    Bill Lawrence