Re: [lro] go for miles, and miles, and...

From: Bruce D. Fowler (bf71iia@prexar.com)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 00:17:54 EST

    -----Original Message-----
    From: brian girasoli
    :hey all,
    :
    :brian's 67 '88 checking in from way too cold
    :connecticut.
    :
    :I finally tracked down the original owner of my rover,
    :Marcel Thompson, who owned it for 34 years. Among
    :other things, i asked him about the mileage, which
    :shows 95,375. turns out, he said it's 295,375, one
    :engine, one transmission.

          <snip> <snip>
    :still runs fairly well right now), is it feasable to
    :think that I could get another 300,000 out of it after
    :a rebuild?
    :
    Bruce F from the always cold Maine...

    Guess all depends on how you drive use it.
    My results with a daily driver:
    Fresh rebore needed reringing after 140,000
    rerung again after another 80,000, yet again
    rerung after 50,000, engine was still running
    when pulled from Timshel but it had just gulped
    three cases of oil from Troy, NY to Unity, Me.

    Note:
    My engines would most likly last longer if I wasn't
    so harsh on them.
    Bruce F.