[lro] go for miles, and miles, and...

From: brian girasoli (fustogrande@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 19:37:23 EST

    hey all,

    brian's 67 '88 checking in from way too cold
    connecticut.

    I finally tracked down the original owner of my rover,
    Marcel Thompson, who owned it for 34 years. Among
    other things, i asked him about the mileage, which
    shows 95,375. turns out, he said it's 295,375, one
    engine, one transmission.

    my question to all of you is...what's the longest
    you've seen a rover engine go? According to him it's
    never been rebuilt, nor has the transmission. While I
    would like to rebuild mine sometime soon (although it
    still runs fairly well right now), is it feasable to
    think that I could get another 300,000 out of it after
    a rebuild?

    thanks!
    -brian
    http://taxes.yahoo.com/