Re: [lro] Transfer Case

From: Keith Kreutzer (keith_kreutzer@msn.com)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 23:24:25 EST

    Much cheaper!!!
    It cost me about $20 in materials, i cant say about Timm's setup, but i
    don't remember it being too much...
    Depends on what you want to do with the truck... Our Disco is full time and
    while it has been built to do serious trails it will not be converted..
    My 109 has been converted but it also uses bigger axles, more weight.. plus
    it's lifted much more than the Disco hence more driveline angle and more
    vibes to deal with...
    A stock series truck with 110 (not defender) CV's an r380, lt230 and a
    300TDI with AWD would be a nice ride... Timm makes this CV conversion too
    although it probably won't be available to the masses for a while, while he
    irons out CV suppliers and he finishes up his Series Disc brake set up which
    should prove to be a beautiful thing at a reasonable cost and uses STOCK
    coiler brakes...

    Keith
    53 willys CJ3a (it'll run some day)
    65 109 five door Roverzilla Hybrid
    77 CJ7 Trailer queen (least it should be:))
    97 Disco SD7 KillerBee
    97 F350 (to drag around the Jeep)