Re: [lro] LWB Series III or IIa?

From: Alden John (JAlden@spaceimaging.com)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 12:22:37 EST

    >... if I have my choice of a LWB SIII or a LWB SIIa what are
    >the upsides/faults of either one? I'm finding these to be the more
    >accessible vehicle to purchase.

    the only feature of the SIII LWB that I have not seen mentioned is the
    Salisbury axle (is that only the CSW ?) which is a great improvement to the
    strength of the rear end if you are going off road and being a copy of an
    American design (Dana 60) has a few more options for gearing and lockers
    etc.

    I know that trim levels are a separate discussion within the LWB decision
    but I LOVE the CSW for the versatility and layout. There are 3 seats across
    the back (I think the SII and SIIA are either a single bench or a 2/1 split
    bench with possibly a 3 seat layout late in production). This is great
    because then 1, 2 or 3 seat backs can be put down depending on what is being
    carried or 1 or 3 seats folded up to the back of the front seats. As an
    aside I have put 15 boxed bikes in the back of my truck :) and that was
    before I took out the rear bench seats. If need be all of the seats behind
    the first row can be removed (I currently have the center rear (so I can put
    in a bike rack) and the benches on either side are out. But I digress.
    He needs to buy a RHD 6 Cyl CSW SIII, Mehetabel is lonely she needs some
    sisters in the US :).

    Cheers
    John & Mehetabel
    '73 RHD 109"
    6 Cyl CSW
    and Priscilla: '03 BRG Cooper S

    message and its attachments and notify Space Imaging immediately.