Re: [lro] Nut's and bolts

From: Frank Elson (frank.elson@ntlworld.com)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 14:12:14 EST

    >>>Believe the 90 and 110's were all
    > metric. So I guess Britain went metric sometime after
    > '72 and before '84.<<<

    my 83 110 is still a mixture. Car manufacturers started the change over
    early, export markets y'know.
     Damned if I can remember when we went completely metric by law, but some
    grocers are still getting fined for refusing to change over.
     What the heck is a Kilogram anyway?

    metrication was invented by Napoleon Bonaparte as part of his economic
    warfare (he called the UK, 'a nation of shopkeepers') looks like he won at
    last :-(

    Best Cheers

    Reverend Frank