Re: [lro] Axles and Diesel gearing (was: Forward control question)

From: jimfoo (jimfoo@purplemountain.net)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 19:45:49 EST

    On our work trucks, I know the Duramax is much higher rpm than the older
    Cummins. The way the Cummins drives I wouldn't be supprised if it had
    the gas tranny as far as top speeds in gears go. And I doubt the Allison
    tranny has any different gearing than a gas tranny as far as the Duramax
    goes as it can get to 3500 rpm.

    --
    Jim Hall
    1966 88" Elephant Chaser