Re: [lro] Breather Caps

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 08:40:21 EST

    > I am trying to identify some breather caps for Series vehicles and
    > have placed
    > a Web page with a picture and some other info. I would appreciate if
    > anyone
    > could ID and let me know by emailing me through the Web site or
    > replying
    > here.

    Funny thing that cap. Mind you it has been 5 years since I have even
    looked at series engine breathers.

    As I recall, if yours had a short tube attached at the bottom with a
    hole in the side of the tube it would be a dead ringer for the valve
    cover breather with those side slits.

    My oil fill/breather cap looked like that only without the side wholes
    and with a series of holes around the underside tube hole. I do not
    recognize it as being pre SMOG Land Rover nor Triumph TR3 or 4.

    TeriAnn J. Wakeman
    Santa Cruz, California
      http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

    A member of the internet community since 1985.