Re: [lro] Maxidrive

From: Patrick Parsons (patrickparsons@hawaii.rr.com)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 11:54:49 EST

    On 2/13/03 3:26 AM, "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@cruzers.com> wrote:

    > One of my current projects, assuming the ground dries long enough for
    > me to finish it, is adding a dip stick to both the gearbox and the
    > transfer case. I like the idea of checking fluids huddled up with the
    > Kodiak heater out of the rain and without mud in my hair.

    Great idea; you'd be able to top up from inside, or even underway, perhaps,
    like Marin may do in his Beaver. I remember flying along once (I think it
    was in one of those old floatplanes) when the pilot reached behind his seat
    and pulled out a quart of oil, poured it down a tube and said, there, now
    we're good and lubed. Neat trick.

    As for laying in the mud, isn't that what big dogs are for? Get them to lay
    down first, then use them as the "creeper" ;-)

    --pat.