RE: [lro] Glacier Crawling Land-Rovers

From: Harald Hansen (harald74@online.no)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 08:51:23 EST

    >===== Original Message From "Jean-Leon Morin" <offroaddesign@softhome.net>
    =====
    >Any good websites detailing how these machines are built? I'm thinking of
    >the beasts in Iceland that have 44" tires and run around with almost zero
    >tire pressure.
    >
    >I'm looking in particular for information pertaining to the fender flares/
    >wing extensions they are using.
    >
    >I am having no luck on google, unfortunately. Any good links?
    >
    >thanks!

    Try these:
    http://www.arctictrucks.is
    http://www.fjallasport.is

    Arctic Trucks has a garage not far from me in Drammen, Norway. They have
    modified at least one 110. See a report from our club's meet there:
    http://www.nlrk.no/numedal/arctictrucks01/arctictrucks01.html (in Norwegian).
    The fender flares are GRP. Their workshop is real nice; probably the tidiest
    I've been to. It seems like they do good work, and they're very friendly and
    easygoing people.

    Harald

    --
    Harald Hansen (harald74@online.no) (Now mailing from the web)
    1975 SIII 109" SW (everyday and trip vehicle)