[lro] Re: Forward control question

From: Tim Czajka (timczajka@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 13:29:07 EST

    Isaac Fain wrote:
    >Engineering and breaking stuff: engineering is a process, and that process
    >is iterative. Breaking things and gathering data from controlled tests is a
    >_required_ feedback loop to the design process, I don't care what it is
    >that's being engineered. To ignore the importance of this process is just
    >admitting ignorance of what engineering is, and to not visualize how this
    >rule applies to our enthusiast oriented, shade-tree, lego mentality of
    >putting our Rovers together is dangerous on top of ignorant.

    Of course a good engineer also would not ignore testing that has
    already been done. In the case of the Series vehicles, we have
    decades of real world testing and feedback at our disposal. We
    don't each need to individually break a ten spline axle to find
    out about it's lack of strength.

    Tim Czajka
    1972 Series III 88