Re: [lro] Glacier Crawling Land-Rovers

From: Robert S. Cascaddan (scaddan@pacifier.com)
Date: Sat Feb 08 2003 - 19:21:24 EST

    > Any good websites detailing how these machines are built? I'm thinking of
    > the beasts in Iceland that have 44" tires and run around with almost zero
    > tire pressure.
    >
    > I'm looking in particular for information pertaining to the fender flares/
    > wing extensions they are using.

    There is an article in the October 1999 issue of Land Rover Owner
    International with a couple of sidebars about how the rigs are built. It
    says the wheelarches are locally made.

    Robert S. Cascaddan, MBA
    scaddan@pacifier.com

    Author of:
    Revolutionary Changes Ahead for Motorcycling
    http://home.pacifier.com/~scaddan/

    Articles:
    "Disruptive Technology = Revolutionary Changes"
    http://home.pacifier.com/~scaddan/disruptive.htm

    "Attracting a New Generation of Riders to the Sport of Motorcycling"
    http://home.pacifier.com/~scaddan/new_riders.htm