Re: [lro] Still allowed on the list?

From: ynotink (ynotink@qwest.net)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 23:16:12 EST

    When I see a built-up J**p I can't help thinking of the one I saw on the road
    down from Navajo Reservoir a few years ago. It was sitting on the side of the
    road about four feet from the verge of a 60 degree embankment that drops about
    200 feet to the San Juan river. When I say sitting on the side of the road I mean
    SITTING because one of the rear wheels had parted company with the axle and the
    driver was climbing down the embankment to retrieve it. This is a problem that
    will not happen to any Land-Rover built after about 1958. The reason for this is
    that all Land-Rover vehicles have used fully floating axles since then. On a
    cheap (rhymes with Jeep) vehicle breaking an axle can mean loosing a wheel, and
    some places are damned inconvenient (even dangerous) for that...

    Bill Lawrence