Re: [lro] Still allowed on the list?

From: Bryan Hoult (bhoult@peoplepc.com)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 12:51:15 EST

    Isaac Fain wrote:

    > ......the stock rrc goes pretty well off-road, can't
    > imagine the fun i'd have with a semi-stock series.

    I can imagine it fairly clearly - believe me. The biggest
    mistake I've made with my 88 was to let it get beat. Land
    Rovers are comparatively expensive vehicles to take on a
    trail and do things to you wouldn't do to a farm animal. I
    know that we all loath Jeeps, but I live in trailer trash
    Jeep country and they're for sale around me all the time.
    One of the neighbors with a plethora of vehicles, including
    snowmobiles rusting in the garden, has a nice jeep for sale.
     It has a good running chev 327, adapted T18 and Dana 300
    TC, custom reverse cut dana 60 front, narrowed ford 9 inch
    rear, spring over axles, 35" tires, warn 8274, front disk
    brakes, hydraulic ram steering, yadda, yadda. The price for
    this prize (straight body in Tonka yellow, BTW) is $3,950.
    To make a series truck the trail equal of this beast would
    cost huge. I have had a great time camping and off-roading
    in my 88, but it has cost me plenty. I still hate Jeeps by
    the way, but I've lost track of why.

    Bryan