Re: [lro] Need some help!

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 12:38:45 EST

    --- Stirling Anderson <suntzu_2002@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > I got a call from the driver of the shipper who is
    > shipping The African, and I need some help with some
    > advice. He told me that he can't get The African to
    > start, the starter is just bumping once or twice, I
    > asked him if he was holding down the starter button,
    > and he said he was.

    He is pushing the clutch down, right? Have him kick the
    transfer case and gearstick into neutral in case the clutch
    hydraulics have gone TU.

    > AND if that's not enough, it will
    > not roll backwards when he releases the emergency
    > brake and puts it in neutral. So, he can't get it off
    > the truck. Anyone with ideas??

    Brake might be stuck. Whack the snot out of the tranny
    brake with a hammer...that might get it to release. ALso,
    remind him to pull up a bit as he pusheds the button in -
    you didn't mention if the lever was actually moving even
    though the brake seems to be stuck.

                      ajr

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://mailplus.yahoo.com