Re: [lro] Re: live music is better bumper stickers should be issued

From: John Karlsson (karlsson@oco.net)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 09:21:41 EST

    >>Your killing me!:) Remember that hippie Partridge Family school
    >>bus with the flowers and all? I almost bought one a few months ago.
    >>It had been sitting in a nearby field for a few years and even had the
    >>rounded back. Would you know it was sold the week I planned to go
    >>look at it. And there I was all keyed up having downloaded and played
    >>that song until my wife was ready to call for the padded wagon. Now I
    >>am obsessed with turning an old school bus into a rolling home/camper.
    >>Actually if there is anyone on the list with experience in these types
    >>of conversions please drop me a line. C'mon get happy ....

    I had a friend in the late '60s who converted a school bus into a
    camper. The feature I most admired was the "garage" in the rear, with a
    ramp that allowed him to carry his zebra-striped J**p. Last summer I
    spotted a front engine Bluebird bus for sale, so I pulled over and got out
    my tape measure. There was plenty of room for my 88 to fit in the rear,
    though I would have to lose the tropical roof and roof rack and get a rag
    top. Then I started poking around and discovered that Bluebird
    <http://www.blue-bird.com/> makes fancy motorhomes based on their bus
    chassis. Then I discovered
    <http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Wanderlodge/>, where you will find
    mostly owners of real Wanderlodges, but there are also some who have
    "rolled their own" by converting Bluebird school buses. And then there's
    <http://www.rv-coach.com/bus/conversion/eagle/gmc/mci/prevost/bluebird/buses.html>.
    Enjoy the journey!

    John Karlsson
    956 Main Street