Re: [lro] Tire Impressions

From: David Scheidt (dmschei@attglobal.net)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 17:37:41 EST

    >Sorry about the cross post. I am in the market for new tires for my 1990
    >RR. I am currently running BFG MT TA 265/75R16. I am looking at purchasing
    >the same size and was looking at the new BFG MT TA KM and the Goodyear MTR.
    >I am interested in anybody's comments about the new BFG KM compared to the
    >old BFG. I have been very happy with my current BFG. The cost of the tires
    >is about the same between the BFG and the Goodyear. I'd love to hear
    >comments (relative to the old BFG MT) with regards to the on and off road
    >handling.

    I continue to be a big fan of the Dunlop Radial Rover R/T. I've
    found it to be equal to the old BFG MT in everything but some kinds
    of deep mud (it doesn't self-clean as well), and better in rain and
    snow. It's cheaper, too.

    >Anybody know why the tire rack is discontinuing the Goodyear MTR?

    Looking at the list of sizes they stock, it looks like they're only
    dropping that size. That may mean Goodyear is.