Re: [lro] Tdi engine life?

From: Frank Elson (frank.elson@ntlworld.com)
Date: Mon Feb 03 2003 - 03:47:52 EST

    Tim writes: >>>The big deal for me is: how long can I expect my engine to
    last?<<<

    you haven't mentioned a timing belt change, Tim. Trust you've been doing
    them?

    We've identified a problem here in the UK with the plastic radiator plug,
    and another, in the water system just above and to one side of the Turbo.
     These wear and pop out. It's a good idea to change these.

    Otherwise the Tdi is like any other diesel engine. Thrives on being used and
    is good for 250,000.

    Best Cheers

    Reverend Frank