Re: [lro] Is it a good idea to fit a Tdi200 on a series IIA ? do I have to do any changes in the rest of the drive chain ???

From: Ian Stuart (Ian.Stuart@ed.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 04:35:09 EST

    On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 20:45, Asi Hakmon wrote:

    > Dear friends
    >
    > I have a 1965 series IIA with a 2.25 diesel
    >
    > In Israel this car is rare, really rare, so it is really hard getting a
    > replacement.
    >
    > The old engine was also very under power to my needs.
    >
    > I have a Tdi200 rebuild engine available for a fair price.
    >
    > After a little research on the web I am a little confused about the
    > matter.
    >
    > So I wanted to consult with you good experienced people about this issues
    >

    > Is it a good idea to fit a Tdi200 on a series IIA ?
    >
    > do I have to do any changes in the rest of the drive chain ???
    >
    > have a fun weekend
    Yes, it can be done.

    I suspect that the bellhousing uses a different bolt-pattern, so you may
    need am adapter-plate.

    You will probably need to fit different engine-mounts, and the
    radiator/intercooler for the engine too...

    I guess one question is "what will happen to the value of the vehicle
    once I change the engine?"

    --
    --==++
    Ian Stuart: Edinburgh University Data Library.

    Information is not knowledge Knowledge is not wisdom Wisdom is not truth Truth is not beauty Beauty is not love Love is not music -- Mary.