Re: Observation on the Emerald City was [lro] Paging Pete Hope

From: Bryan Hoult (bhoult@peoplepc.com)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 12:39:19 EST

    On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Peter Ogilvie wrote:

    > Actually got passed on the Freeway by a red 88 with
    > surgically altered right rear
    > side panel. Truck was going 55-60 and having no
    > problem with the traffic.

    I've met that guy a few times through PCRC but his name
    escapes me. He's really the one responsible for getting me
    into a series truck. My neighbor has one, but he told me
    I'd never be able to commute 80 miles a day in it. Then, on
    my way to work in south Seattle (I live NE of Everett) I was
    passed basicly every morning by the "cut box bomber". He
    has an overdrive, and has been driving that as his only
    vehicle for something like 20 years. Sometime after that I
    picked up my 88 and drove it daily until recently. I'm
    giving it up so I'll have time to work on my 109. (which
    will become my daily driver)

    BTW Peter, you'd be a welcome addition to the area. Mr.
    Hope is quite an asset in the Seattle series community -
    although I don't think we've got him into a kilt yet. I
    can't comment on the weather effectively, as it's the only
    weather I've ever known. When I travel, I jones for the
    cool grey dampness after a few days in the sun.

    Bryan