[lro] heaters for diesels

From: Rob MacCormick (rmaccormick@olin.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 08:47:37 EST

    My limited (5 monthes owner of diesel)
    I have a modern diesel (2001 VW Golf - 90HP TDI) heating wise its got glow plugs for the cylinders (to help start) and glowplugs for the coolant (to help cabin heat) These glowplugs run off the vehicles ELABORATE electrical system. I added an in-line coolant heater that get plugged into household current on a timer as need be. The fuel powered preheaters are VERY pricey.
    Rob M Concord, MA
    If I ever ow a diesel LR I would definately add a coolant heater.