[lro] Re: LRO digest, Vol 1 #673 - 51 msgs

From: Dixon Kenner (dkenner@fourfold.org)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 10:32:49 EST

    > From: "David G. Russell" <Land-Rover@attbi.com>
    >
    > I have an additional 5 numbers on the chassis horn of my NADA chassis.
    > The numbers are located below the (accurate/correct) 8-digit + suffix "VIN".
    >
    > I can find no reference to these additional numbers at lrfaq.org,
    > which was otherwise _very_ helpful!

    Send the additional numbers along so Ben and I have something to work
    with. There are a number of oddities we have found with some of the
    vehicles (like the capital letter "C" suffix on the very late Series I
    88's which LR has no documentation on). I wonder if other NADA's have
    this number there (those where the frame horn is not rotted away). Is
    this additional number reflected in the serial number plate inside the
    vehicle, or any other plates that might be affixed in there?

    BTW, the LR sites on fourfold bettered last years page hits. 2001 just
    broke a million page hits. For 2002 it topped 1.6 million.

    1991 was a 12k file created by TerriAnn and Lawrence Buja on the Brtish
    cars mailing list. Since I, and later Ben, took it over in 1992 it has
    grown significantly. By 1998 it passed eight MB in size (not sure what it
    is today, that is just a df/du command). The history is all up on
    http://www.lrfaq.org/FAQ.1.versions.html. Since 1998 we are up to version
    3.3.185 (all 185 changes are noted to in the whats new section)

    Oh, I don't run the government *yet* Give me a couple of years! :-)

    Rgds from the Great White North,