[lro] Titles...

From: A. P. (Sandy) Grice (apg4@pinn.net)
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 10:53:54 EST

    "Alan J. Richer" <mrchurchill109@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >> Okay, AJR, the whole hyphen issue was totally lost on me.
    >> Someone care to
    >> fill me in? (Land-Rover vs Land Rover)

    >Look at your manuals - the old ones. Land-Rover was spelled
    >with a hyphen, which was dropped when (I believe - somebody
    >help me out here) when B(ps)L took over and began its total
    >screwup of the British car industry.

    Actually, it was circa 1992. (I remember writing an article on this for
    the club newsletter...but can't find it, of course.) As late as 1992, when
    Range Rover North America officially changed its name to Land-Rover North
    America, the hyphen was still there, but it was deleted soon thereafter "to
    provide greater compatibility across the marque." (I remember that bit....)

    Cheers