[lro] Safari Door Glass Seal

From: Bradley_Harris@aigag.com
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 09:17:54 EST

    Do all of the rear safari doors from the factory have the glass mounted
    inside the door with the metal strips held in by screws? Mine is off a
    Series 3 and has the holes drilled for 3 hinges. The reason that I ask is
    that I have an ex-MOD safari door that has the glass held in place by the
    rubber trim piece like the rear windows in the sides or the alpine windows.
    I don't have any factory holes drilled for the metal strips. Do you have to
    drill these yourself on a new door? The glass needs to be replaced and I
    need to decide how I want to reinstall the glass.

    Thanks,

    Brad H.