Re: [lro] Is a Series an SUV?

From: Michael Thompson (miket@rio.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 16:08:46 EST

    Robert Cascaddan's post reflects some of my disappointment with today's
    trucks. I learned to drive in a 1950 Dodge half ton pickup (in 1980)
    and I could haul almost a ton and a half. The only thing I had to worry
    about was blowing the tires. It was a truck. I have used a modern half
    ton Dodge and that is all it will take. Any more than that and the
    hitch is dragging the ground. Way too soft for a truck.
    Real trucks have been ruined by being marketed as car-like
    transportation. My Series 2 drives much like my old Dodge but more
    useful.
    Cheers,
    Mike Thompson