Re: [lro] Titles...

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 11:54:25 EST

    --- Kirk Hillman <hillman88@telus.net> wrote:

    > Okay, AJR, the whole hyphen issue was totally lost on me.
    > Someone care to
    > fill me in? (Land-Rover vs Land Rover)

    Look at your manuals - the old ones. Land-Rover was spelled
    with a hyphen, which was dropped when (I believe - somebody
    help me out here) when B(ps)L took over and began its total
    screwup of the British car industry.

    My owner's manuals and my original set of workshop manuals
    have a hyphen in the name - the newer ones do not (though
    the logo still does).

    In short (and entirely tongue in cheek) REAL Land-Rovers
    have hyphens in their names......8*)

    Rather upper-crusty, no?
                 ajr

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://mailplus.yahoo.com