Re: [lro] seatbelts in 109

From: Phil Norris (pr.norris@ntlworld.com)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 09:33:33 EST

    Hi Claire, IIRC my 110 had the reels mounted on the back corners of the
    seatboxes, sort-of behind the drivers right hip and the passengers left (
    we're talking RHD UK motors here folks....) Frank might be able to help,
    as he still has his, mine is now with another.... :~((
    In the back I bought and used the Kosher L-R fittings, as fitted to later
    110s as standard. A bracket that fitted between the second row doors and
    the side windows, on a diagonal giving an upper mount. A bracket that
    screwed up under the wheelarches giving a bracket for the lower outer
    mounts. The inners I fitted myself using M8 bolts and large circular
    washers on either side of the floor panel. They were much bigger than the
    L-R ones and bigger even on area than the mounts the UK motorsports people
    recommend for fitting multi-point harnesses to in rally cars and the like.
    The belts were Securon kits bought over the shelf from BLRS in Birmingham,
    as I was passing one day...
    Someone on the UK list kindly mailed me the parts book pages which made the
    fitting a lot easier too, but I've deleted them myself, I'm afraid...
    Hope this helps....
    PhilN
    Co Durham UK...