Re: [lro] seatbelts in 109

From: Brad Crittenden (bac@spoetzl.net)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 08:48:40 EST

    Hi Claire:

    I recently installed inertial reel belts in my 109 SW. After a bit of
    head scratching they installed nicely.

    I got the belts from Thatched Roof Garage. Give David a call if you
    don't have any yet and you're in the States. The belts are Securon
    brand and come with lots of oddly shaped adapter plates as they are not
    designed specifically for Land Rovers.

    I mounted both ends of the belt, the reel and the fixed end, behind the
    front seats. I removed the outer bolt that secures the rear door stop
    arm plate and goes through to the frame. I replaced it with a grade 8
    bolt and used a 2" straight adapter plate to extend up from the bolt. I
    affixed the end of the belt using the special pivot hardware and then
    attached the inertial reel. I could have mounted the fixed end on the
    seatbelt mount point between the seat box and door but chose not to.

    This set up is extremely solid as it mounts to the frame using strong
    hardware. Don't attach to the seat back bar.

    Let me know if you need clarification or photos.

    Good luck,

    Brad