[lro] Fuel Contamination

From: Steve Lister (steve_lister@voyager.net)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 10:17:58 EST

    Okay Friends,
    After reading the suggestion that my problem may be a distributor pump I
    fell ill. How would I be able to tell if that is the problem? Can
    distributor pumps fail in an erratic fashion? (That is probably a
    stupid question).
    I am proceeding today to hunt down a suitable diesel filter and will
    attempt to dump and clean the tank and add the biocide to send any
    critters in it running in obvious hopes that it fixes my ailments. Any
    comments or suggestions appreciated.
    Once again, the symptoms are that the vehicle worked great shortly after
    changing the filter. Then after about 20 minutes of driving (just long
    enough to get me far enough away from home so that the test
    drive/excursion became an adventure) it began to act up again. It idles
    fine and actually works up to about mid range revs. Then it begins to
    falter and die. When I release the accelerator it resumes idle. I'll
    check back in a couple of hours.
    What I need to here is that distributor pumps never act in a erratic
    fashion and that my problems are more closely associated with the way I
    have been living lately. Thanks.

    Regards,
    Steve Lister
    AirNet Express