Re: [lro] Tires, fuel, and other newbie questions

From: ynotink (ynotink@qwest.net)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 00:55:31 EST

    In my opinion the older the Land Rover the less
    likely it will experience
    problems with unleaded fuel. The original engines
    were intended to run on just
    about any fuel that could be found where ever in
    the world it was operated. I
    think I read somewhere that a 7.0:1 CR Landie
    could be detuned to run on fuel
    down to 75 octane (i.e. unleaded).

    The 2.0 liter engine in my Series I was equipped
    with stellited exhaust valves
    and hardened exhaust valve seat inserts.

    Bill Lawrence