Re: [lro] Gasflowing

From: christian147@juno.com
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 07:33:54 EST

    It is the Brit term for what is called in the US porting. that is
    modifying the ports and possibility the combustion chamber to assists gas
    flowing into and out of the combustion chamber. A good job should try to
    maintain gas velocity as high as possible as to low a velocity will cause
    fuel coalescence and other problems. At its minimum it is removing sharp
    edges and casting flash, it goes from there to "mapping" the port with
    the use of a flow bench, static pitot tube measurements and maybe smoke.

    Chris Hall