RE: [lro] Steering

From: Keith Tanner (keith@miata.net)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 13:15:47 EST

    >Keith, drill 'em out and retap - simplest thing in the
    >world to do. Take you half an hour max.

    Have you looked at the reinforcement plate that's under there? It's a
    seriously hefty mounting point. There's already one broken tap stuck in the
    hole :( That's why I haven't drilled & tapped yet.

    http://keith.miata.net/landy/images/frame_no_relay.jpg

    >Remember - the SPOT that finally wears out may do so on
    >your watch....8*)

    Four spot welds with an angle grinder takes about 30 seconds to remove and
    doesn't cause any real problems. It's no worse than drilling out a rivet.
    Sounds crude, but it isn't.

    Keith