Re: [lro] Steering question

From: ynotink (ynotink@qwest.net)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 20:03:10 EST

    Three things come to mind:

    First; If there is a lot of play it can be adjusted out (within limits) by
    tightening the adjuster screw on the steering box.

    Second; Make sure the steering relay is properly lubricated. If it binds up
    it can cause the steering to be very stiff and unresponsive.

    Third; Make sure that the plate where the steering box is mounted to the
    chassis is tightly attached to the chassis. If it is loose it will cause a
    lot of slack in the system.

    Good luck.

    Bill Lawrence