[lro] problem shifting my Series III

From: Simmons, Scott (simmonss@uncw.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 10:32:40 EST

    I am having a sudden problem shifting my 1975 Series III LWB rover.

    This problem just developed yesterday, whereas I was having no problems with it the day before that. She doesn't want to go into gear, shift gears, and sometimes doesn't want to get out of gear.

    Now we had a 'cold' snap here the night before this happened. It got down into the mid-20's (F), but I think this is probably just coincidence.

    The clutch pedal seems to not be as tight as it once was, but this was pretty sudden, overall, as I haven't done any work on the clutch, transmission, etc. at all.

    I'd really appreciate any ideas you might have on what might be going on and what I should be checking.

    Thanks!

    Scott