[lro] speedo

From: William L Leacock (roverbilly@juno.com)
Date: Tue Dec 31 2002 - 14:28:27 EST

    Paul writes I have a 109 SW with 7.5R16 tires. I have two speedometers
    (only one
    installed!). One has in small print 1376 along the bottom of the dial.
    The
    other has 1408. I remember reading that these numbers signify the
    calibration in some way. The 1376 is installed. Is this the right one for
    my
    truck?

    The correct speedo for 7.50x 16 tyres is the 1408 figure, however the
    difference is slight, approx 2% fast which is well within the accuracy
    limits of the system, tyre wear, pressure etc. I would not bother to
    change it.
     The number represents the number of revolutions per mile of the speedo
    cable.
    Happy New year

     Bill Leacock