Re: [lro] Removing Steering Relay Collar

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 31 2002 - 08:39:03 EST

    John, Bending it is OK - it's nothing but a pressed-steel
    collar.

    With the bolt heads off what you've likely got is a case of
    rust welding to the bottom of the relay. What I'd do (and
    have done) is to get in and scrape around the inside
    perimeter of the collar and relay - get out as much of the
    rust and crud as possible. Then get under the collar with a
    thin chisel and work it up and off.

    Heat would not be amiss either - anything to break the rust
    bond. I just hope you didn't grind the collar too thin when
    you removed the bolt heads.

    In any case, if you mangle the collar I wouldn't be too
    concerned - somebody here has got to have a used one, or
    they're inexpensive new.

              ajr

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://mailplus.yahoo.com