Re: [lro] RE: OT: Disco error light question

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Sat Dec 28 2002 - 08:46:37 EST

    Wow, makes on glad one has a series rig! I haven't that slightest idea
    of what he just wrote.

    ABS, HDC, TC, ECU? cars rebooting? Oh My!

    > Our 1.8 Freelander used to do that if you started it up, drove it
    > across the
    > muddy driveway and then hit tarmac. I put it down to an out of range
    > reading - i.e. ABS/HDC/TC have not hit 5mph for full sensor check but
    > are in
    > a TC situation. The system will work but when you hit 5mph the lights
    > will
    > all stay on because the ECU doesn't know what to make of it! Simply
    > rebooting (turning off the ignition and then on again) sorts it every
    > time....

    To me a full sensor check is looking at the fuel, oil pressure and
    water temp gauges. And if you have doubts about a reading, you tap on
    the glass a little to see if the needle has become stuck.

    The writer and I live in very different worlds.

    TeriAnn J. Wakeman
    Santa Cruz, California
      http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

    A member of the internet community since 1985.