[lro] RE: OT: Disco error light question

From: Neil Brownlee (metal_thrasher@offroading.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Sat Dec 28 2002 - 04:58:50 EST

    Hi,

    Our 1.8 Freelander used to do that if you started it up, drove it across the
    muddy driveway and then hit tarmac. I put it down to an out of range
    reading - i.e. ABS/HDC/TC have not hit 5mph for full sensor check but are in
    a TC situation. The system will work but when you hit 5mph the lights will
    all stay on because the ECU doesn't know what to make of it! Simply
    rebooting (turning off the ignition and then on again) sorts it every
    time....

    Just my 0.2c anyhow!

    Neil (#150)
    Vice Chairman Discovery Owners Club
    Social Secretary MK4x4

    1997 Land Rover Discovery V8i ES - 'Piglet' - XD9000i, BRB Winch
    Bumper,Terrain Master Hi-Lift carrier, Bearmach steering/sump guard, Mantec
    Side Protection Sills, Scorpion Racing +2" 25% uprated front and 50% uprated
    rear springs,+2" De-Carbon Shocks, Southdown Fuel Tank Guard, 235/85/16
    Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's,WH Wheelcarriers Diff Guards, JE Engineering 4
    Tailpipe SS Exhaust, Safari Snorkel,R J Harvey External Roll Cage,rear
    Tru-Trac LSD.
    2001 Land Rover Freelander V6 GS Station Wagon- 'Kanga'

    http://www.PigletV8i.org.uk
    http://community.webshots.com/user/landroverdiscoveryv8i
    http://www.northantsdoc.co.uk