Re: [lro] OT: Disco error light question

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 25 2002 - 21:11:16 EST

    Funny enough - like all Land Rovers when you see
    simultaneous failures in multiple systems go for the most
    obvious - a power or grounding problem.

    Earlier Discos used to have failures where systems would
    act up because the alternator was failing, or a ground
    behind the fusebox wasn't right. Were i the owner of the
    poor thing I'd start with checking all the grounds and
    power feeds for proper connections and go from there. I'll
    lay odds a bus connection isn't right....

                ajr
    --- NADdMD@aol.com wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > My friend Bill has a disco series II. (You may have seen
    > it down at MAR this
    > year). He has an intermittent problem where the ABS,
    > Hill Descent and
    > Traction control come on and the bell chimes.
    >
    > The manual sez, take it to the shop if this happens, but
    > the Land Rover
    > dealer has found no error codes and has no explanation
    > for this.
    >
    > Anybody else seen this or have an idea where to look for
    > the problem.
    >
    > TIA
    > Nate

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://mailplus.yahoo.com