[lro] re vacuum pump on diesel

From: Jos de Vries (j.w.j.devries@student.tudelft.nl)
Date: Sat Dec 21 2002 - 08:03:09 EST

    A belt driven airpump was a factory option at land rover, but most had the
    butterfly valve at tej intake supprted by a small vacuum tank.

    My former 109 santana staiton wagon had a standard airpump which was more
    powerfull than the anternative butterfly setup. (And the butterfly setup
    causes the diesel to smoke at stationary.) It was besides the engine on a
    separate pulley with a long exaust airline

    a conversion to the beltdriven vacuumpump is often done in the netherlands.
    (88 and 109 army diesel were all with the butterfly/tank system). The
    airpump of a large diesel french sedan is used (citroen, peugeot). But i am
    not sure about french diesels in the US..

    gr Jos de Vries
    Delft, NL
    ex belgium army 88 LPG