[lro] Galvanizing question

From: John Rayl (jrayl@finelinegraphics.com)
Date: Fri Dec 20 2002 - 07:56:18 EST

    I was browsing in an auto parts catalog the other day and noticed Cold
    Galvanizing in both spray and brush applications. What is the consensus on
    this stuff? My Series IIa's PO painted(!) most of the galvanizing black. I'd
    like to fix that error in judgment, but I don't really want to drill out the
    original rivets, just to re-galvanize. In that James Taylor Series Restoration
    book, he uses cold galvanizing from Wurth to "touch up" some areas, but I'm
    hesitant to try it for fear of making it look worse. I don't recall anyone
    posting about this, so if I'm in error, I apologize.

    Thanks!
    John Rayl
    1967 Series IIa
    1967 Volvo 122 Wagon