[lro] Well, here's the lame @$$ reply from Chevy...

From: NADdMD@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 14:50:04 EST

    Absolutely worthless. Where's David Cockey when you need him?

    Nate

    >>Dear Mr. Dunsmore,

    Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Marketing Support Center. We
    appreciate your interest in the Chevrolet Silverado.

    The 4WD Transfer case of the 3500 has three modes: 2WD, 4WD high, and 4WD
    Low. The Silverado 3500 does not have a locking rear differential available
    for 2003 - there is no information available regarding the reason why it was
    removed, or if it may be included again the future.

    There are several other changes for 2003 as well, such as dual zone automatic
    air conditioning, new interior and exterior design, and available Onstar
    service on the LS. We encourage you to visit a dealership in your area to
    experience the 3500 pickup first hand with a test drive.<<