Re: [lro] OT (sort of): Limited slip diff

From: Jean-Leon Morin (offroaddesign@softhome.net)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 20:04:06 EST

    > Well,
    >
    > I've emailed Chevrolet, we'll see what they have to say about the diff.
    BTW,
    > on the Chevy site, they refer to it as a locking diff, although the dealer
    > called it a limited slip diff.

    This is the reason why I'll likely never buy a new car.

    I have to admit the rover isn't the most practical vehicle for a college
    student that doesn't have much time. I was thinking of trying to get a
    replacement off-roader that would be relatively new and perhaps much more
    reliable. I was interested in the TJ Rubicon, so I inquired about it at the
    local Jeep dealership. I was not impressed. Not one of the salespeople knew
    what the advantages of a D44 over the standard axles were, and they looked
    at me all weird when I told them what I wanted (ghetto strip down - no power
    anything).

    This may be and isolated incident, but it sure didn't inspire confidence...

    J-L