Re: [lro] Paint

From: Frank Elson (frank.elson@ntlworld.com)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 14:36:51 EST

    Kirk writes: >>> It does seem odd that Frank (Rev) would suggest that a 1 L
    can of paint
    > would do for the whole LWB<<<

    children! children!

    whats this two and three coat business? First I wipe the whole vehicle (well
    most of it) down with a wet cloth.
    Then I dry it with kitchen towel.
    Then I paint it and one litre covers it... honest, would I lie to you
    (except about money and sex?)
    On a nice hot day I can do the lot in three hours as well...
    ...and if I'm being particularly careful I use a half-inch brush on the
    fiddly bits, lights, door locks etc)

    I must add here that at Billing last year - when my son and daughter-in-law
    painted their SWB between lunch and tea - I bought some sanding pads, ten
    for a quid, and, as the paint is getting on for half an inch thick now I
    thought I might give them a try this coming year...
    might even need more than a litre if the blue comes through...
    Best Cheers

    Reverend (masking tape? wots that?) Frank