Re: [lro] Re: My new truck!

From: Paul Schultz (pschultz@vcmails.com)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 08:10:34 EST

    Jim,

    Everthing on my truck from the front doors/bulkhead to the front bumper is
    1980 Series III from a military 109. Everything behind that is from a 1967
    109 SW. Evidence of this is in the door hinges. Front doors have Series III
    hinges...back passenger doors have Series II/IIa. Also, the paint under the
    front wings and doors in a dark yellow...under the rear tub it is blue.

    I wonder why the 1967 VIN plate ended up on the bulkhead since the bulkhead
    is from the 1980 (supposedly!)? I know swapping the plates is easy....maybe
    it was more advantageous to have the older registration when the vehicle was
    in Greece (where the vehicle resided when the hybrid swapping occurred)?

    Made my first parts order yesterday! Hopefully, no shipfitters disease will
    ensue!!

    Paul Schultz
    pschultz@vcmails.com