Re: [lro] Tire Q's

From: David Scheidt (dmschei@attglobal.net)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 02:08:40 EST

    >New subject line here...What is the max tire size
    >anyone is running or has seen run on a stock
    >suspension Series? Also, Ideal size? I found a great
    >deal on some 32x11.50's here in town. I don't think
    >the height will be a prob., just worried about the
    >width. Also does anyone know if the series bolt
    >pattern is the same as any domestic vehicle? Are all
    >Rover lug patterns the same spacing? So many
    >questions, so little time...

    11.50 is a bit wide for the stock 15 inch wheel.

    No american vehicle uses the rover lug pattern. The only other thing
    that I know of that does is the Austin Gypsy, and they're not very
    common. Rovers up until the new shape Range-Rover (except the 101)
    have the same lug pattern, but most of the alloy wheels won't fit a
    series, because they center hole is too small.